Keith Carroll, tattoo artist of Laguna Tattoo, has been so gracious as to supply the Lariat with some things to think about before getting your first ink laid.
- Don’t go to the tattoo shop without an idea. Bring in photos, symbols and examples of what you’d like to get.
- Don’t cheap out. You get what you pay for, and you’re going to have the thing on your body for the rest of your life.
- Don’t just go to some schmuck. Research several artists. The Internet is your friend.
- Don’t go to a dirty shop. The cleanliness of a shop reflects its quality.
- Don’t tell your artists all about what you saw on LA Ink. It makes them mad.
- Don’t ignore the advice of your artist. He or she is a professional.
- Don’t select an artist that you can’t get along with. You’re going to be hanging out for a while.
- Don’t expect it not to hurt. If it really hurt that bad, however, people wouldn’t be coming back to get more tattoos.
- Don’t be shy about any allergies you may have. Some people can have gnarly reactions to certain inks.
- Don’t be obnoxious. Tattooing is not a gentle industry.