With the cost of tuition, books and housing on the rise, students are struggling to keep their expenses in check. When hunger strikes, many college students reach for a quick and easy cup of instant noodles.
This amazingly cheap option has quickly gained popularity and is now as much of a staple in college life as beer pong. According to a 2015 study by the Los Angels Times, the average cost of a package of ramen is between 14-35 cents depending on if you splurge for the souvenir cup.
With costs that insanely low we don’t see this trend going away anytime soon. We have come up with some easy ways to make that simple noodle packet into a slightly more fulfilling meal. So scour your couch cushions, ashtrays and bottoms of purses and let’s make dinner!
What you will need:
1-2 packets of noodles
Frozen or fresh veggies
1-2 tbsp sauce (soy sauce, sriracha, teriyaki, etc.)
1. Open noodle packets and place in fancy bowl.
2. Add any veggies or proteins to your liking.
3. Carefully crack open one egg over the noodles.
4. Add boiling water and cover 3-5 minutes
5. Now go crazy with your sauce (Here’s where you will give it your personal flair!)
6. Optional: Garnish your bowl of ramen with some fresh cilantro and green onions for some added flair.