SSC Students Clubs is hosting a Halloween-themed Club Rush on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 11 a.m. in the SSC Quad.
Student clubs at Saddleback College is student services way of fostering a sense of community as well as developing students both academically and socially. There are 24 unique clubs ranging from Astronomy and Environmental Awareness to Global Activists and the Improv Club.
Club Rush gives a student the chance to talk to members from these individual clubs and ask burning questions. While the student is there, SSC will be serving pie and candy for all attendees and there will also be a fund-raiser.
In addition, local musical artist Troy Ritchie is scheduled to perform on 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the SSC Quad for entertainment!
If students are interested in joining a club, they can visit http://saddleback.edu/clubs/active-clubs.html for a complete list and find their meeting times. Then those wanting to join can attend a club meeting or contact the President of the club for more information.
If students want to create a new club becuase they have similar interests but no such club exist yet, then they can contact Erin Long, Inter-Club Council Advisor at (949) 582-4290 to discuss their idea and get the next steps.
These are the offical steps to starting a club:
1. Recruit an adviser your club (full or part-time Saddleback faculty or full-time Saddleback staff)
2. Recruit four students besides yourself (need 5 students total) to participate in your club.
3. Attend an orientation workshop.
4. Submit required paperwork and governing documents.
5. Receive club approval by the Inter-Club Council.